In order for us to give you the best service possible,
please allow a minimum of three FULL working days for your repeat prescriptions to be processed.
For example, when you order online over a weekend, your prescription will be ready the following Wednesday.
Please note, all prescriptions must be paid for before leaving the surgeries.
This can be done by BACS (details on the bottom of all invoices), cash or cheque.
To order your prescriptions online, click on the appropriate surgery below.
A new window will open with the order form where you can place a request for your repeat prescription to be processed.
PUBLIC HOLIDAY CLOSURES
Monday 2nd May 2022
Friday 3rd June 2022
Friday 1st June 2022
Monday 1st August 2022
Friday 14th October 2022
Monday 26th December '22
Tuesday 27th December '22
Monday 2nd January 2023
Tuesday 3rd January 2023
Prescription Procedures During COVID-19 Outbreak:
Collection time for repeat medication - 9.30am - 4.00pm. Collection time has now been extended to close; see closing times.
Note: Castletown closes 1.00pm on Wednesdays, Canisbay closes 1.00pm on Thursdays
Collecting from Canisbay Medical Practice:
- On arrival, use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Press and hold the intercom button for assistance.
- Step back and wait for your prescription to be placed on the table.
- Please wait for the member of our staff to shut the inner door before stepping forward to collect your prescription.
Collecting from Castletown Medical Practice:
- On arrival, use the hand-sanitiser provided at the door.
- Press the intercom for dispensary and share your details.
- Follow the one-way system round to the window with the canopy. Your medication will be dispensed through the window.
- Please ensure that you stay two metres (six feet) apart from other patients who may be waiting.
Ordering: Post your repeat prescriptions in the red post box that is attached to the outside wall by the front door.
Things to note:
- Please make sure that you place your order in plenty of time.
- Patients currently requesting repeat medication will be given 4 weeks supply.
- Please allow at least three full working days before collecting your repeat medication to allow sufficient time to order your medication from the supplier, make up and safely check your prescription.
- When you collect your medication please leave the surgery IMMEDIATELY. The dispensary staff will sign your prescription to avoid further contact. If you have any queries regarding medication please telephone the surgery.
- We are closed over the weekend so any orders placed over a weekend will be processed on a Monday and will be ready for collection on Thursday.
- Please note, Castletown Dispensary is closed on a Wednesday afternoon from 1pm - please see our open hours for further information.
- Those using the postal service should allow two weeks.
- Urgent prescriptions will usually be available at the time of your appointment.
Patients requiring repeat medication will regularly be asked to make an appointment with the doctor or practice nurse to monitor and review symptoms and medication. These reviews are important to patient care and to the doctor / patient relationship and we ask that you attend when invited.